February 22, 2014

DIY: LONG BEADED NECKLACE


I think that all the inspiration you can find in the hardware store is amazing. I tend to go there when I'm looking for materials for a specific project or if I'm in need of some inspiration for a new one. But this time I was there to get a big jug of glue and when I was walking to the cashier area, I halted when I saw these cords with round things hanging on a wall peg. 
Taking a detour into the curtains section in the hardware store, my DIY light bulb went on, I grabbed the cords and brought them home with me. So what are they? well, I'm not sure but they're some kind of decoration for curtains that work incredibly well as an oversized necklace. I think it will look great with a simple outfit :) Below you can see the super easy instructions to make the necklace (2 different ways).


Creo que toda la inspiración que puedes encontrar en la ferretería es increíble. Tiendo a ir cuando estoy en busca de materiales para un proyecto específico o si estoy en necesidad de un poco de inspiración para uno nuevo. Pero esta vez fui únicamente para comprar pegamento y cuando estaba caminando a la zona de caja, me detuve de inmediato cuando vi estas cuerdas con las cosas redondas que colgaban de un gancho de la pared. 
Tomando un desvío a la sección de las cortinas en la ferretería, mi bombillo DIY se encendió, agarré las cuerdas y los traje a casa conmigo. Entonces, ¿qué son? así, no estoy segura pero son algún tipo de decoración para cortinas que funcionan increíblemente bien como un collar grande. Creo que se verá muy bien con un traje sencillo :) A continuación verán las instrucciones súper fáciles para hacer el collar (2 formas diferentes).


 1- For the first procedure, you will need two jump rings and a closure. Start By looping the jumping through one of the strands.
1- Para la primera forma necesitas 2 aros y un cierre. Comienza introduciendo un aro por una punta.

 Repeat on the other side, add the closure and close the jump rings with the pliers.
Repite al otro lado, agrega el cierre y cierra los aros con las tenazas.

 2- For this second way, you only need a link of a chain, it's much more simple and fast. Open up the link, loop in both sides of the curtain cords.

2- Para la segunda forma solo necesitas un eslabón de una cadena gruesa; es mucho más fácil y rápido. Abre el eslabón e introduce los dos extremos de la cuerda para cortina. 


 Close with the pliers and you're done!
Cierra con las tenazas y listo!







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...